Bluestone Liquid Yeast – Cologne 120 ml
Cologne is a clean, crisp, traditional German Kölsch strain. A very low ester profile makes this strain perfect for Kölsch, and other light coloured delicate beers. Cologne has better flocculation characteristics than most Kölsch strains which allows brewers to produce clean, bright beers in a shorter amount of time.
Similar to: WLP029 or WY2565
- Growth Temp. Range: 16-20ºC
- Flocculation: Medium
- Attenuation: 73-77%
- Alcohol Tolerance: 10%
- Sta1: Negative
- Size: 120ml
- Pitch Size: Inoculates 20L, up to 1.060 OG of wort
These Bluestone yeast packs have about twice as much yeast as White Labs or Wyeast packs. Therefore just one pack of Bluestone is usually enough for a 23L batch – no need to pitch multiple packs or make a starter!
Why Bluestone Liquid Yeast:
- Pure Culture – Bluestone ensure a pure culture with liquid yeast due to their proprietary propagation technique. Dried yeast, however, invariably has some degree of contamination due to the very nature of the drying process. Therefore, it is not recommended to re-pitch dried yeast.
- Greater Flavour Profile Range – Liquid yeast offers a greater flavour profile range compared to traditional dried yeast. Liquid Yeast also produces lower fusel alcohols, lower levels of acetaldehyde (which produce the off flavours) and superior, enhanced Esters (which produce crisper, fruitier notes) compared to dry yeast. The science speaks for itself.
- Multiple Generations – Pitch & Re-Pitch – Make your hard-earned $$ go further. With good yeast management, liquid yeast can be re-pitched between 5-10 generations with no noticeable loss of flavour quality or yeast health.